No, you're eyes aren't deceiving you.

That's right. I'm posting again. Now, I know what you're thinking--what in the world could she be rambling on about now? This is going to be disappointing, but it's just the usual stuff.

snore

Oh, buck up now. It's not that bad. And this isn't one of the signs of the Apocalypse.

Wait. Maybe... No, I'm pretty sure it's not.


I do have some news about my mother, who is undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer. Up til now, she'd been doing pretty good, but this past week has really been rough. She started throwing up, so she got dehydrated.

When she called to cancel an appointment, she was told to come in and let a doctor get some blood work done and see how she was doing. Thankfully there was no infection, it's just the chemo's effects.

Mama ended up getting an IV of fluids, and she has been feeling a little better, though she's weak and still can't eat much. Only a couple more of the intense chemo treatments, and then she can start on another type, which the doctor tells her is easier.

She doesn't like to talk about losing her hair, but I must say she looks rather fetching in those little terry cloth turbans. And the hair grows back, Mama. I swear.

On the writing front, I'm still doing the nip and tuck on the novel, as well as working on a couple of short stories, both oddly enough about zombies. I wonder when that obsession will wear off?

Writing about them does seem to stop those weird dreams I have when I'm extremely tired, though, so I guess I'll just go with it.

There are still a few hours left on the Smashwords Summer/Winter Sale (see link in upper left sidebar). Downloads have been pretty gratifying, though I think I would do better if I had some novels out.

So, Gentle Readers, that's it for this month. Try not to let the posting frequency get your hopes up. snort Though who knows what next month may bring? Take care and summer on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate knowing your thoughts. :)