Oh, no, she's blogging again!

I really tried to restrain myself, and let all the excitement from my outrageous posting streak die down. But I just can't help myself.

I know. I'm so horrible. Subjecting you poor readers to this rambling mess I call my life. So sad.

BUT I have writing news, and the world must hear it! I finally got off my butt and put up one of my stories, which has been on Smashwords for like over a year now, on Amazon.

The big news is I changed the cover on my suburban zombie tale. I like the cover much better now, really gives it the creepy vibe I was trying to get the first time.

My GIMP skills have improved a lot over the last year--thank you, youtube--plus I found an image that was awesome. As soon as I saw it, I knew that I had to make it work, even though it was an odd, narrow rectangle shape.

Add in a really nice rustic wall image, and I had the basic cover. The two images were close in color and tone, so I didn't have to work too hard matching them up. I colored the eyes, but left the rest of the image alone.

The erase and smudge tools got a lot of use this time, and I got an unexpected grunge-look overlay by partially erasing a layer that helped blend everything together.

Here's a comparison of the two covers. The original:


And the new one:


I still need to update my slideshow, there's more rewrite on my novel to be done, and I have a couple of short stories to finish (and find cover images for), but it's early and far too hot already to go outside.


Well, there you have it, Gentle Readers. Another tale of a struggling author in this brave new electronic publishing world. Take care and read on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate knowing your thoughts. :)