Still striving in the writing challenge.

One of my goals this year was to complete projects, and not start them and move on to something else. That's very frustrating to me, and rather counterproductive to my goal of publishing four novels this year.

In order to motivate myself, I did a little scrapbooking thing called "One Little Word", and I also joined a writing challenge for the month of February on the Kindle boards.

Things have been going pretty well on both fronts, despite my having the month from Hades health-wise. I seldom get really sick, usually only feeling bad for a day or so, but I started the new year off in January with an upper respiratory infection that knocked me on my butt. I got over it, then relapsed (or was reinfected), and when I was finally seeing the end of the mucus tunnel I promptly got a head cold.

Gosh darn golly gee!

I'm finally feeling better, but I have almost no energy. And I'm getting cabin fever from being cooped up indoors, having spent about 45 days moaning, sneezing, coughing and blowing copious amounts of--stuff--out of my nose. Gah.

Anyway, I'm only 1,958 words behind on the challenge! Go me. If I can keep the interruptions down (excluding grocery shopping, which is critical to a happy home, because the people here like to eat) I should be able to catch up. The novel I'm working on was already behind, having missed its scheduled publication in December. I'm ready to finish it and move on to the next project.

Until next time, Gentle Readers. Keep healthy and soldier on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate knowing your thoughts. :)