I'm back in the saddle again...

Had to take a few days off and recuperate from a pretty bad burn on two fingers (forefinger and middle finger) on my left hand. I dropped hot glue on myself while finishing up my son's prom date's corsage. Cold water, followed by an ice pack, then liberal application of aloe ensued.

Yikes!

Okay, so I actually said something a little stronger, but, you get the drift.

Anyway, between blisters and a keyboard with a malfunctioning space bar, typing has been very difficult. I have managed to get my novel restarted at the right place (I think), so I'm on my way again. I have four scenes that seem to be working, with a total word count of just under 1700 words. I'm not worried right now about chapter breaks, I'm just trying to get a first draft down, but it looks like three scenes will be Chapter 1, and the other will start Chapter 2.

All I need now is a new keyboard. Someday I'll tell you how I messed up my good one, thus forcing me to use the "parts" keyboard Number 1 had hanging around. Or maybe not. I think I already come off as a goof as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate knowing your thoughts. :)