so, it's a long post, grab some tea and cookies

Well, it seems I haven't posted anything here for more than a year. I am such a bad blogger, but I promise to do better. Really, I do.

So, life has been moving on, as life does: everyone is a year older, hopefully wiser; still no job prospects for me, which totally sucks; I am disappointed in the Obama administration, because it seems they don't like the liberal/progressive side of the party, which got him the job in the first place. Ingrates.

I've been doing some soul-searching over the past few weeks, trying to find my path in this life. I'd like to go back to school, but for what? At 52, I just don't know what I'd be suited for hiring-wise, as I have some physical limitations now that preclude many jobs (can't kneel, or even squat very low, have bad knees, bad back, you get the picture).

I've been doing a very cheap kitchen renovation in my mobile home--it's a 14 x 80 foot, 4 bedroom, 3 bath 1993 single-wide, paid for but needing some repairs and improvement. The layout was horrible, and I had very little usable storage, so I redesigned it and with my brother's help we are making some major changes.

On top of all that, I'm also about ready to pull out the ratty old carpet in the living room and replace it with a laminate floor that I got for a good price at my local Habitat for Humanity Re-Store. That room will also be rearranged to better suit our needs.

I have pictures, I'll post them later. Next, I'm going to start planning what to do about the two bathrooms--I need to put a walk-in shower in mine, and replace the fixtures all around. But that's a job for next year (and hopefully a decent tax refund)!

One thing that kind of goes along with all this ripping and rebuilding is my research on living simply. Or sustainably, or frugally, or whatever term you like to use. It's basically being debt-free, living within your means, reduce, reuse, recycle.

A blog on this subject that I've been following is from Australia, and even though I'm in the USA and some things don't relate, but it's chock full of knowledge and inspiration. If you'd like to check it out, it's http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com/.

Rhonda Jean is an inspiration as I start moving even more determinedly towards a simpler lifestyle. I'm already baking and making even more food from scratch again after many long years.

Blessed be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate knowing your thoughts. :)