happy birthday Daddy!




























Today is my father's birthday, he is 79 years old and still works full-time. He's been on vacation this week and is bored out of his mind, ready to go back to work! This whole being bored thing is something I don't get, 'cause I always have plenty of stuff to do, but that's a story for another day.
I may have mentioned that my parents are hard to buy gifts for, as they don't have any hobbies or interests (other than TV--westerns and soap operas: gah!), so I decided to give them a scrapbook and make pages for it when it's gift-giving time.

These pages are the first two I've made for the book, which is a simple post-bound book I picked up somewhere, probably on sale since I hate paying full price for anything. (That's the Scot in me, I guess: my father's family is almost all Scottish descent, in America for almost 400 years!) I put a couple of tags so he could put the dates and/or the names of the people in the pictures.


I love my daddy. He's had a hard life but always did the best he could for his family. He never had a good role model to be a father but he turned out to be a pretty good one. As I've grown up and raised my own children, I've come to understand how hard parenting is and learned to forgive a lot of things my parents weren't so good at early on.

Blessed be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate knowing your thoughts. :)