It's Dad's day



I've been working on the new Cards for Soldiers challenge, which this month is Father's Day cards, and also cards for kids. I'm also doing some graduation cards.

Here are some of the cards for the dads. I'm using basic colors, with lots of blues, browns and greens as well as metal or metal-look elements. I have a cool roll of silver metallic shelf liner and a roll of metal mesh that I got at Michael's a while back that I've used on these cards.

I'm trying to be creative with using cuts from my Cricut (a die cutting machine for those of don't know) cartridges since I only have three. I know, shocker. I have George that came with my baby bug, Joys of the Season, and Doodlecharms. I hope to add to my collection, but with all the new carts out, I know I'll have trouble making a decision.

I cut a nifty frame on the third card from, believe it or not, the Joys of the Season (JOTS) cart. I just had to snip out the little candy canes in the corner squares, not a big deal. And yes, I used ribbon on a "man" card. lol The two that have tags, the tags were from the George cart.

No pictures uploaded yet for the graduation cards, I've got three done so far: a general sort of one, and one each suitable for a boy or girl. Got to get busy!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate knowing your thoughts. :)