I thought I'd post a few of the cards I've been working on for the Cards for Soldiers challenge on the cricut message boards.

I think these are a pretty good indication of what my style is in the process of becoming--sort of a shabby chic look, I guess you'd call it. And yes, I know the ric rac is messed up on that red one. Got to fix that before hitting the post office. Arrrrrrgh!





Over the months I've been making cards for these challenges, I've found I get a feeling of satisfaction when I finish cards like these, and it's hard to let them go out but I hope the recipients love them as much as I do.

As far as this becoming my "scrapbooking style", I never thought I was a "girly" type of person; I was considered a tomboy while growing up and I mostly worked jobs that were not "woman's work". I've been in the Air Force (MANY years ago), and for several years I did machine and building maintenance work in different types of mills/plants. But, I've also done secretarial jobs over the years as well. I wonder if being a Picses has anything to do with it?

Of course, being that I am a Neptune's daughter, I also seem to have another style going on, but I'll leave that to another post. Oooooohhhh, the anticipation. All good things come to those who wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate knowing your thoughts. :)