I jinxed the weather!




















I wrote about our beautiful spring weather, and the very next day it started raining! I guess I should watch the local weather guy more often. Although, in my own defense, my mother usually tells me what the weather is. Bad Mamma!

Okay, let's cut mother some slack today, since it's her birthday. You never ask a lady her age, but I'll give you a hint. It starts with seven and ends with zero. I know, that's wicked. But I've never been one to lie or skip over my age--I turned 51 in February. I always say you should be glad to have lived so long. Which in my rambling way reminds me of that old quote "if I'd known I would live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself". Truer words were never spoken.

Now, my mother is hard to buy for. She says she doesn't need anything--no clothes, jewelry, no perfumes. No household stuff (
OH. THE. HORROR). No garden stuff, even though she loves flowers {truth is, she doesn't like to do much yardwork}.

So, I make her a nice card and call it a day. This year, she's getting a magnetic card to put on her fridge. That's the object pictured at the beginning of the post. And I'll try to take her out to lunch at our favorite place, the International Buffet. Yum, Chinese food!

Well, off to attractively package above card, and also to finish off my cards for the CFS challenge and get them ready for mailing.

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate knowing your thoughts. :)