Thursday Thoughts: Gosh, I'm so disorganized.

And distractable! It seems I can't keep my mind on one thing for any length of time lately. I plan to do something, and then I'm off doing something else, usually something of the wasting time variety. Argh!

It's affecting my desire to get my writing back on track, which is really annoying. I'd planned to unofficially do the NaNoWriMo thing, and I'm already more than seven thousand words behind. Yikes. I've got so much I want to write, stuff that needs revision, covers, editing or proofreading, that I get depressed just thinking about it.

So, I don't think about it, and run off to do something else. That's not helping me go for my dream of being a selling, professional writer. I just finished reading Kris Rusch's blog post for today, and I'm somewhat inspired to get back to work. She makes some good points about new writers and their expectations.

I don't consider myself a new writer in most respects, as I've been writing one thing or another since I was nine years old. I even wrote for a local newspaper for a while. But getting the routine down, getting the writing done, has been a problem. I do great for a while, and then it's off again.

For too many years things got in the way, and the writing went by the wayside -- life issues, marriage problems, child-rearing responsibilities.But, I always start writing again.

I love writing, it's what I've always wanted to do, and I believe I'm good at it, when I'm not second-guessing myself. I think my problem lies with a lack of self-confidence, which I've suffered from my entire life.

Maybe I should just write, and not worry about the selling part of it. Maybe I should let that stuff take care of itself, and accept whatever happens. Get a decent cover and publish, and get onto the next thing.

Anyway, Gentle Readers, that's what's on my mind this lovely Thursday, which is also Sis1's birthday. Take care, and have some cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate knowing your thoughts. :)