Whoa! I think I fell off the Internet!

Or something equally ridiculous. But then, you know me, ridiculous is my middle name. snort

Anyway, for those of you who are interested -- or who are masochists, which is really the same thing if you read here, isn't it? -- I thought I'd update you all on what's going on with Daddy.

After some blood work and a bone scan, we were no closer to finding out what was going on. His PSA is up, but then he's 82 years old and that wasn't very shocking news. There was something funny in his other blood work, which the doctor said needed further study. It could be due to the prostate, or it could be something else.

We won't mention the bone cancer thing. Nuh-uh. Nope. shiver

Hence his scheduling of a bone marrow biopsy, which Daddy had on Wednesday. Ouch. They had to go in three times to get enough sample to satisfy the doctor's assistant. We'll know sometime this week (next week? whatever) what the results from that are, and let me tell you, the waiting is horrible.

Mama, in the meanwhile, is sailing through towards the end of her chemo treatments. Her hair is coming back, and she's sporting a rather nifty almost-pixie cut.

I made it through the birthday, a week ago yesterday. Made myself a nifty cake, which I named Blood and Bone. It was a Walking Dead theme, with an image of my boyfriend, Daryl Dixon.

Yeah. Total zombie freak here. What can I say? There's just something about a redneck man...

I've got pictures that Number One took with his cell phone. I'm waiting for him to upload them and send them over to me, and I'll post them.

It was a pretty cool cake, and tasty, if I say so myself. Which I just did. But I'm awesome that way, as you all know.

On the writing front, I'm getting my butt back in gear to finish that blasted print formatting, which turned into a rewrite/edit marathon. At this point, I'm pretty sick of looking at the book, but I will press on.

So if you were by some chance thinking of buying my book, wait until you see that the second edition is up. It's much better, honestly, and I fixed some errors that slipped through the first time.

So, that's the news from the front, Gentle Readers. Take care, and get thee in for a physical.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate knowing your thoughts. :)