Voting and other stuff.

I took time off from formatting the print version of Bound in Amber to get my voting done this morning. I went with my mama, Sis1 and Number One, around 7:30. It was unseasonably cold, and windy, not at all like our usual early November weather.

We got there just as the first rush was over, so didn't have to wait very long. We are in a rural area, so our polling place is in the local elementary school's small gym. There were about ten machines, so everything moved along pretty quickly.

The formatting is going pretty well, though I had a rough two days fighting with page and section breaks. Turns out I had page breaks hiding out, and after I deleted the little boogers I was able to get all the chapters to start where they should.

After all of that mess, once I figured out how to set up the document headers correctly, so I could get the pages to be numbered correctly, the rest of it fell into place.

The book is looking good, I'm just tweaking the font and spacing so it looks just how I want it to. I do like a pretty paperback. Now I can see why people charge so much to format books.

I hope to have the book ready by the end of the week, so I can submit the files and order a proof copy. If that looks good, then the book should be available for sale shortly after I can approve the printing, maybe by the end of the month.

I can't wait to have a physical copy of my first novel! I'm thinking of enshrining it in a shadowbox so I can hang it on the wall and show it off to everybody that comes to the house. Whether they want to see it or not. ha ha

Work on the next book is coming along, I've gotten three chapters done so far. I'm going to upload a corrected file for the eBook (some formatting glitches), and raise the price to $2.99. I've still got some short stories to get done, as well as getting all the shorts into collections. But everything in due time.

That's all for now, Gentle Readers. Keep calm and preserve democracy (or a constitutional republic, as the case may be).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate knowing your thoughts. :)