Taming the wild typo, and other adventures.

Finally, some good news from the front lines! We are successfully hunting down and eliminating the final holdouts from the typo rebels. Publication nears. Rejoice! Rejoice!

This book has really been kicking my butt. I've rewritten the first chapter four or more times, just since the "final" draft. It will probably get another look, but I'm concentrating on getting the typos, misspellings, and wrong word choices fixed.

At this rate, it looks like I'll be done by the end of the first week of October, if not sooner. Exciting news, I know.

On a related note, I've finally gotten a cover that I can be happy with, and that will coordinate with later books. I'm not sure what the problem was, I know I couldn't find stock art that fit the book. So I kept looking, and then I saw something on Flickr, and it just clicked.

I'll post a preview and maybe the first chapter as soon as I get closer to publication day. Maybe even sooner. Happy happy dance going on down here!

A quick update on Mama's cancer treatment:  I took her yesterday to see the doctor who will be doing her radiation. She'll get radiation everyday for six weeks, starting next week, I think.

Mama's feeling much better since getting a transfusion and starting the new chemotherapy regimen. We went out to lunch and even hit a couple of thrift stores yesterday after leaving the doctor's office. Her hair is starting to grow back, also.

So much good news, and I don't even have a lucky rabbit's foot.

Until next time, Gentle Readers. Take care and enjoy the Autumn weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate knowing your thoughts. :)