The world has not ended.

Well, it's been two weeks, as of yesterday, that Sk8monkey got his driver's license and I have survived! I've had to do some painful apron string cutting, but I think I'll get through it.

All kidding aside, Sk8monkey is a good driver, and with a few exceptions when he needed minor directions, he is getting around the county--even going to Roxboro with his girlfriend--really well.

I'm so proud of this boy, my "oops" baby, who is smart, funny, and kind. Don't know where he gets that from, cause he's nothing like me! snort

In other news, my writing is coming along in a pleasing manner. I have the following to report:

  • finished a short story, ready to edit
  • almost done with another
  • about halfway through a novella
  • making progress on my novel

The short stories I think will be self-published on Kindle, and the novella is for a contest on the Absolute Write horror genre board.

The novel I'm not sure about. I may submit it to a print publisher and see if it's accepted in the usual way, or I might just jump in and put it on Kindle and Smashwords. I haven't decided yet.

I'm still awaiting the publication of the anthology I'm in, just all jiggly with anticipation. I hope my story stands up well amongst the others, and that readers like it.

Well, I'll keep this short, since I overloaded everyone with the last post.

Until next time, Gentle Readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate knowing your thoughts. :)