Monday Menu: "Crack" Slaw

This stuff tastes so good, it's like being addicted to drugs. Not that I would know anything about that, not at all, but, well, you know. Oh, come on, people! It's just an expression. Geez. lol

If you've hung around on low-carb boards, you'll have heard of this dish. It's really a hamburger and cabbage stir fry, and there are different recipes, though I like the one from here:  http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/hamburger_cabbage_stirfry.html

Rather than write out the recipe, I'll just say that I follow this pretty well, though it ends up being different depending what I have on hand for additions. I will add broccoli, stir fry vegs, peas and carrots, or any combination of those, to the beef and cabbage.

I leave out the mushrooms and green onions, and instead use bell pepper and regular onions. I like to use a little sesame oil while cooking those. I also don't use any sweetener. I use a head of cabbage that I slice thinly, sometimes I cut it into smaller pieces, but not always.

We serve this over rice cooked with some ground ginger and soy sauce. Sometimes I make fried rice. You could serve it with egg rolls, or spring rolls, or what ever you like. Maybe low mein noodles. Note to self:  buy some low mein noodles.

It's so yummy! There's a batch cooking up right now, which will be ready in about five minutes. Gotta go...

So that's this week's cooking post, Gentle Readers. Take care, and eat something good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate knowing your thoughts. :)