Thursday Thoughts: Random Stuff and Retrospection

Well, here we are again, facing the end of another week. October is nearly done, only two more months until it's 2014. I swear, the older I get, the faster the years go.

I remember when I was 14 or 15, and thought I'd never be 18 and be a grown up. Now I look back, and wish I could knock about 25 years off and start over. Maybe I could be smart enough to listen to my inner self and make fewer mistakes.

Yeah, probably not.

It would be nice to kick my earlier self in the butt and at least try to get some of my writing published. Or at least tell her to not let other things in her life stop her from writing. I wasted a lot of years when things were going bad, not writing.

I don't have any idea why I'm so introspective today. Maybe it's the rain. Seems like we've gotten stuck under a wet mop here in beautiful North Carolina. I've got so much stuff to do that can't be done in the rain -- there's two outbuildings that need clearing out badly, and tons of leaves that need to be raked up and put on the compost pile, just to mention a couple.

I could be pecking away at the computer and writing (again, with the putting things off!) but I've got some other things I'm working on. I pulled out my polymer clays and started making some Barbie-scale items that I'll be sending off to some folks who have been especially nice to me.

I'm also doing some sewing, trying to get the hang of sewing Barbie clothes. Wow, those pieces are tiny! I can handle bigger things -- after all, I did sew Sis1's wedding dress -- but it's taking some effort to get the hang of the small hems and seams. But, I soldier on, because there are naked vinyl ladies and gents to be dressed.

Anyway, Gentle Readers, there you have another post filled with exciting news and adventures. Hope you haven't fallen off your seats from the thrills! Take care, and ramble on.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate knowing your thoughts. :)