I didn't think we'd ever get to this day.

Graduation day. Yes, I can finally say that my last child has graduated high school. Whew!

Sk8monkey spent every year of school, from kindergarten on, bored out of his mind, and failing to do assignments, or homework. There were times I wondered if he'd just give up and quit, deciding to get a GED instead.

But, after many threatening words much encouragement, he finally pulled himself together, and last night I watched him walk into the Koury Center at Elon University to the sound of Pomp and Circumstance.


I was so proud. Also, relieved. Now we've got to get him enrolled for classes at the local community college. He'll be taking automotive technology, and I think he'll do well. He likes working on cars, especially his own.

So, in a couple of years I'll be watching him do the cap-and-gown walk again. By then, his brother, Second of Three, should be finishing his bachelor's degree, so I'll get a two-fer. I can't wait!

Still no news on the book front. I'm sunk into this blah period and just not getting work done. I did write down some ideas for a short story series, though, so that's something.

Anyway, Gentle Readers, that's the latest big event from my world. Take care and congratulate a grad, or encourage someone to become one!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate knowing your thoughts. :)