The collection is live!

Well, after some setbacks, the collection went live late last night. And by late, I mean I was publishing on Amazon after 11 pm. It's available at the usual places, see the links on the left, your preference for vendors.

I'm still not thrilled with the conversion, as it seems I wasn't smart enough to have learned the HTML codes for making a linked table of contents in MobiPocketCreator, so I just uploaded the html and called it a day.

Dang it, no linked TOC at Amazon. I'm bummed. But, when Second of Three gets done helping my brother, I'm going to sic him on to the problem.

The good news is, it was perfect on Smashwords (thank you, Mark Coker for making that site), and I had three sample downloads as soon as it went live, and two people linked it to their libraries.

One thing I'm still trying to figure out is how to get nice black and white graphics to work in my files. I want to separate different parts of the file with nifty graphics, since you don't use page breaks at SW. I put one in my file last night, but it came out too small when I checked the various formats. (It was Santa on his sleigh, if you're interested, and it's very tiny.)

Ah, the perils of the self-publisher! I'll find a plain language tutorial one day that will teach me how to do it, and then I'll be cooking, baby. I wonder, is there a book called HTML for Dummies? If there isn't, there should be.

Think I will go look, before the day is out, if I can stop checking my sales, that is. I only let myself check once in the morning and once at night, but I've probably done it eight or nine times already today.

Well, Gentle Readers, that's it for now. I am in sleep deficit mode, plus I'm in arrears on my craft business and really must beat myself to catch up.

I need to finish a novel, and edit a novella (which will probably end up as a long short story), as they're the next projects on my publication schedule. I'm not even going to get into the housework, or lack thereof.

Ta!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate knowing your thoughts. :)